Our purpose is to:
- Comply with all applicable environmental, health and safety laws and regulations. In the absence of specific laws or regulations, good management practices shall be followed in order to avoid or reduce environmental risk.
- Develop, follow and continuously improve environmental, health and safety procedures and practices for all facilities, projects and operations in support of GSU Mission Statement.
- Perform periodic environmental, health and safety program reviews to correct deficiencies, establish goals and identify funding priorities.
- Design, construct and operate all facilities in a manner that protects human health, safety of the occupants and the environment.
- Practice pollution prevention and waste minimization by recycling all appropriate materials, purchasing recycled products, substituting less hazardous materials and establishing micro-scale chemistry operations.
- Recognize the interrelationship between energy and the environment and implement energy efficiency strategies, including purchasing / using alternative and clean-fueled vehicles, where appropriate.
- Work cooperatively with government, industry and other appropriate organizations in developing reasonable environmental, health and safety strategies, which promote sustainable development and continual environmental improvement in local communities.
Last updated: 11/14/2013