The Mission Statement of the Environmental Sustainability division of Georgia Southern University is to establish sustainable practices that meet the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. The intent is to provide the best outcomes for the human environment and the natural environment both now and into the indefinite future.
- Educate the GSU community about global warming and solutions
- Enhance human relations by using environmentally sound living practices
- Improve indoor air quality (IAQ) by using eco-friendly products
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Improve water quality by developing a Storm Water Master Plan
- Decrease cost for energy production by using energy saving measures
- Decrease overall campus waste stream by using recycled products
President’s Climate Commitment
In December of 2007, President Bruce Grube signed the ‘American College & University President’s Climate Commitment. The document has been signed by presidents of over 500 colleges and universities in the United States. To see monthly updates, go to AASHE’s website.
To see our Climate Action plan, go to Georgia Southern University Climate Action Plan 2014.
Last updated: 10/4/2017